How to Declutter Your Home!
Do you ever feel like your home is being taken over by clutter? It's no secret that having unwanted junk in your home can make you feel overwhelmed and stressed out, decreasing your productivity and even causing anxiety. But never fear, with the right mindset and some creative storage solutions, you can make clutter a thing of the past!
First things first, let's define clutter. It's anything you're keeping that doesn't add value to your life. So, what can you do to get rid of it and gain back some peace of mind? Here are some tips to get you started:
- Decide: The very first step in decluttering your home is to make a firm decision to do so. Until you commit to reducing the amount of clutter in your home, nothing will actually get done. Trust us, it's worth it!
- Create a Plan: Once you've decided to declutter, the next step is to create a plan. Decide which rooms you want to tackle, when you want to start, and how much time you want to spend in each room. This will help give you a mental picture of the process and make it feel less daunting.
- Remove Unwanted Items: Start by getting rid of unwanted items in each room. It could be toys, clothing, electronics, or anything else that's no longer adding value to your life. You can donate most items to Goodwill or Salvation Army, or post them on Freecycle to have them put to good use.
- Deal with Flat Surfaces: Most flat surfaces in the home are easily cluttered with everyday items, like countertops, tables, and desks. This is where having neat and creative storage solutions can make a huge difference, such as the Vascito Dual Shelf. This unique storage solution lifts your everyday items up off the counter, reducing unsightly clutter, but still keeps them right where you need them.
- Room by Room: Follow your decluttering list and go room by room. It's important that you completely finish one room before moving to the next, otherwise, you'll end up with a room that's half-decluttered and that will only make the whole process more tiring and stressful.
- Have a Simple & Easy Storage System: With the Vascito storage system, reducing clutter is possible. Decluttering has to do with making the most of every storage space and making a place look tidy, and this is what the Vascito storage system offers. Check out our series of storage systems here.
Remember, decluttering is worth it! Not only will it make your home feel less overwhelming and more organized, but it can also have a positive impact on your mental health and relationships. So, take a deep breath and get started on creating the clutter-free space you deserve!